Monday, May 4, 2009

THE TREK LIFE



Y O U + B I K E + W O R L D



My Pride and Joy,

My 2008 TREK MADONE 5.2 PRO


I aquired this carbon fiber wonder in August 2008 and all I can say is that this bike is a machine. It climbs like a rocket and handles like a dream. Responsive, light and stiff, it is bit of an overkill for an average Sunday morning rider but who cares. This is a bike that definitely gets you noticed! I love Carrera Blue, I love Ultegra SL, I love my Madone 5.2 Pro. I would like to say that this is just my little bit for the environment, but sadly I have to say that I don't get to ride as much as I would like to. But I do get to enjoy it everyday, sitting there displayed in my lounge room! MUST REMIND ONESELF TO RIDE MORE OFTEN.







An example of why buying what you really want (even if it cost you an arm and a leg) and paying the extra (even if you have to only eat baked beans and save forever) will save yourself money in the long run… 


ALL THE BIKE I WILL EVER NEED!

and for those who want to know the SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: 50 Frame: OCLV Black Carbon Fork: Bontrager Race X Lite, Carbon W/E2 Aluminum Steerer Wheels: Bontrager Race Lite Tires: Bontrager Race X Lite, 700 x 23c, Folding Shifters: Shimano Ultegra SL STI, 10 Speed Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra SL Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra SL Crank: Shimano Ultegra SL 53/39 Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 12-25, 10 Speed Pedals: Shimano A530 SPD & Shimano Ultegra SL 6620 SPD-SL Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow 125g Seat Post: Carbon Seat Mast Cap Handlebars: Bontrager Race Lite VR, 31.8mm Stem: Bontrager Race X Lite, 7 Degree, 31.8mm Headset: Crane Creek IS-2 Intergrated, W/C Cartridge bearings, Sealed Alloy; 1.125" Top, 1.5" Bottom Breakset: Shimano Ultegra SL W/Shimano Ultegra SL STI Levers Computer: Cateye Strada Wireless

RIDE -
Proven ProTour geometry delivers the predictable, confidence-inspiring handling that Lance rode to seven TDF victories - Optimal balance of lateral stiffness and vertical compliance - Utilizes the inherent vibration damping qualities of OCLV to deliver just the right
amount of road feedback to keep you in-tune with the road

FIT - Based on the originally Madone fit, the Pro fit bikes offer a more aggressive position

TECHNOLOGY - OCLV Black lay-up schedule - Tapered Joint Technology: Precisely-feathered joints minimize carbon overlap, reducing frame weight without sacrificing strength - OCLV Net Molding technology is used in creating the Precision Fit Sockets technology that saves 80 grams without compromising bearing performance or durability - All carbon, no-cut seat mast saves weight compared to traditional designs but still offers multiple offset options, up to 100mm of on-the-fly vertical adjustment, six degrees of lateral adjustment, and infinite saddle tilt - Proprietary E2 steerer design with carbon steer tube - Handmade in the USA.

Where: Bike Force Success (Highly recommended - Speak to Rob Sharp)
Price: $#### (It stills scares me how much I paid so I try not to remind myself for fear of stress induced panic attacks!!!)


images: Project Procrastination,
RoadCyclingUKReviews

No comments: