Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THE CHRYSALIDS



“…and each leg shall be jointed twice and have one foot,
and each foot five toes, and each toe shall end with a flat nail…
And any creature that shall seem to be human, but is not formed thus is not human.
It is neither man nor woman. It is a blasphemy against the true Image of God,
and hateful in the sight of God.”

A post-apocalyptic , post-mutation future

"KEEP PURE THE STOCK OF THE LORD.
THE DEVIL IS THE FATHER OF DEVIATION.
WATCH THOU FOR THE MUTANT!"

John Wyndham, The Chrysalids

A lesson in just how dangerous mindless creedalism and fear driven hatred can really be. This classic will give you a new perspective into the differences that exist between us all and the attitudes that are held towards those that look and act differently.I first read this a long time ago but I always find myself coming back to it. So I guess you just can't keep a good book down! A powerful read that will keep you up all night forgetting that you have work the next day! 

5   M U T A T I O N S / 5   M U T A T I O N S . . . 


image: John Wyndham

No comments: