Saturday, May 2, 2009

I GOT TAGGED WITH...

G.R.A.F.F.I.T.I.


March 2009 saw me adopt two new pieces from the Louis Vuitton Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Collection. I promised myself I wouldn’t get caught up in the hype, but I just couldn’t resist! So maybe I should just stop making myself promises I won’t keep!

I got myself the Zippy Coin Purse in lime green and the Zippy Wallet in orange. Both of these items were pieces that I hadn’t owned or used before. I was surprised by just how much I liked the Zippy Coin Purse as an everyday wallet. It holds a lot and as a plus gives me easy access to my folded notes and coins. It is not that much thicker than a normal wallet so can be carried in my front pocket comfortably. Although I find the zippy coin purse great for everyday use I am a bit nervous about wearing out the graffiti print so I don’t use it as much as I would like too. Maybe I should just stop being so precise or maybe it is excuse to go get another one in Damier!!! Perfection would be if they made it graphite, one can dream. I got the got the Zippy wallet as well I thought it would make a great travel companion. It has lots of spaces and compartments to help keep all of those important documents organized. Now I just need to travel somewhere to test this theory out.

Where: Louis Vuitton, Perth
When: March 2009
Price:
Louis Vuitton Zippy Coin Purse $635 AUD
Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet $1100 AUD
Total: $1735 AUD

Nobody likes to pay full price so I got a friend to take them out of the country with them on holiday. I got around $157 back reducing the damage to $1578. I still can't believe that I spent that much, but at least if I ever want to sell them I should get most of it back. Wells here's hoping.

WHO SAID GRAFFITI WAS A BAD THING?

image: Project Procrastination

No comments: