Monday, May 25, 2009

ROLAND GARROS 09

aaa
THE FRENCH OPEN 2009 (May 24th - June 7th)

Growing up playing tennis, THE FRENCH OPEN was always my favorite Grand Slam. I spent many a late night up watching it and every year I eagerly a wait its return. I love the clay; I loved the tension and the drama; and I love the crowd most of all. I my opinion they are the most knowledgeable tennis spectators in the world. They will always applaud and will never be afraid to let you know that they are not on your side! I love all the memories, but I will definitely never forget:

GRAF v HINGIS 1999
4-6, 7-5, 6-2

“It had everything. It was one of the craziest matches ever. I don’t know what else could have happened. A lot of circumstances which made it very bizarre sometimes.”
Graf

It was as much an ordeal as a spectacle; an emotional roller coaster and in the end there was a villain and a hero, tears and tantrums, then laughter and all was forgiven.

It has always been one of my dreams to make it to the French Open one day, I nearly did it in 2003 when I was living in London but the timing didn't work out. With a wedding in June 2010 in London it looks like it might just be my year. Fingers crossed!


Sticking my neck out I am going to predict a Williams sisters final with Serena prevailing and Roger Federer finally defeating Rafael Nadal for 2009

J'ADORE LE ROLAND GARROS

images: French Open

No comments: