Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DOCTOR, DOCTOR GIVE ME THE NEWS...


I GOT A BAD CASE OF LOVING YOU…

I was out and about the other day and came across this Dries van Noten "Doctor Bag". Well not the exact one because I couldn’t find a picture of it. The one featured is in polished black leather with a cotton lining. While the one I am eyeing is in matte black granulated leather with a caramel leather lining, which was a nice surprise when I had a look inside. A top zippered bag with a flap covering secured with 3 buckles, it also came with an adjustable shoulder strap if you prefer to sling it (it is nice to know you have options!). I don’t know the exact size but I think it was around 30 cm in length, which I think just the right size for an everyday bag. My only grip about it is that none of the 3 buckles are magnetic closure, which would make getting in and out of the bag a real hassle but I could always leave it unbuckled. In regards to the featured bag I find that the polished leather tends to scratch really easily. They had a few other Dries pieces in this leather which where all scratched and when I asked I was told that scratches where a part of the bags character! I am not really willing to pay a premium for a scratched up bag and don’t know many who would! I don’t think the picture does the bag much justice so trust me it looks a lot better in real life; maybe it is just the difference in the leather. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it but for the $1225 AUD price I may have to wait to see if it goes on sale! Then again; decision, decisions.

I REALLY NEED TO STOP OBSESSING AND DO SOME WORK!

The same Dries van Noten "Doctor Bag" as seen on the SS09 runway, but in a larger version in caramel and dark brown. Arghhhh I want it even more now!


images: Dries van Noten

2 comments:

Niel said...

we share the same taste in bags....yes...it should have been magnetic closure but maybe that's the charm of the bag..very old world, taking your time and doing things delicately and properly...very romantic

PROFESSIONAL PROCRASTINATOR said...

It is nice to find someone who has similar likes!!!