Sunday, May 10, 2009

LOVE IS A BALENCIAGA WEEKENDER


BECAUSE I HAVEN’T WON THE LOTTO...


I have a Black Balenciaga Weekender 08





Distressed lambskin leather bag with top zip and rolled handles, front zipper pocket and nickel hardware, fabric lined interior with zipper pocket and Balenciaga engraved plaque. Size 50 cm x 39 cm x 15 cm with 14.5 cm handle drop.

This bag is intoxicating, the smell, the texture, the leather, this bag has a presence; and dare I say may be the perfect bag, especially now that it has been broken in. It is enough to hold everything that I would ever need and more. Yes it is big but when not filled to capacity it doesn’t look it. It just hangs nicely and crumples into a heap when put down. The only thing I would like would be for a shoulder strap so I can sling it but you can’t have everything!

Initially I felt my bag was a little on the dry side. So I decided to condition it with a leather conditioner. This is something I do regularly to all my leather bag’s as well as spraying a water stop. It really brings the bag to life making it amazingly supple to touch. The next step is to start breaking it in. The quickest way to relax the leather is to over stuff the bag in order to stretch the leather so that it is no longer so stiff. I placed a small blanket along the base to prevent it stretching unevenly because I put heavy objects in to speed up the process. I then hang the bag on a coat hanger so that the handles will stretch as well because I like to carry it over the shoulder. After two nights the bag was broken in enough for my liking. The rest will come with use.



Where: Cultstatus, Perth
When: April 2009
Cost: $2123.50 AUD (after 10% discount and Tax back) RRP $2595 AUD

Expensive YES, but I think totally worth it especially when I know it will only get better and better with use. I love, love, love!!!

If LOVE IS A BALENCIAGA WEEKENDER
Then what would be a Balenciaga Weekender in Arena Crocodile be?


Images: Project Procrastination

2 comments:

Marco said...

That looks like a suspiciously Paul Smith label tag! Did they copy PS?

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk167/paulfrank-vrt/nov%20sale/?action=view&current=IMG_1910.jpg

PROFESSIONAL PROCRASTINATOR said...

Haha good spot. Yes it is a Paul Smith luggage tag - I just put it on for fun! Its from one of my Paul Smith bags. For get bag charms it all about the "BagTag"!!!