Tuesday, May 26, 2009

THE PAUL IN PAUL SMITH

Paul Smith is one of the few designers who characterises style in both a relaxed and elegant way, never failing to add a touch of humor to all his designs; from a bag, socks through to his mainline suits. Every new season comes with a new line of interesting and intriguing accessories released with photographic imagery and colourful patterns; along with the icons of the house: THE STRIPED MINI, THE MULTI-STRIPE & THE NAKED LADY. They are always very British and unique enough to make a statement yet always have a feel of understatement to them.

My most recent Paul Smith purchase has been a MINI PRINT COIN DOUBLE BILLFOLD WALLET ($350 AUD from REALM). The moment I saw it I knew I just couldn’t say no. It features traditional Paul Smith branding, coupled with one of England’s most recognisable icons, THE STRIPED MINI. The outer “work” side of the wallet is crafted in fine black Italian calfskin leather. The inner “play” side this time features THE STRIPED MINI under Mr. Smith’s favorite oak tree, and now mine!

This wallet never fails to put a smile on my face whenever I open it up! I love the quality, I love the print, I love the craftmenship, I love Paul Smith wallets. The perfect companion for anyone and any occasions.

A
LONG LIVE THE MINI

images: Paul Smith, Project Procrastination

2 comments:

triple A said...

OH NO!! here we go again... i tot u have already retired from purchasing bags (wallets are included!

PROFESSIONAL PROCRASTINATOR said...

Never say never!!! How could I pass this one up it is so perfect!