Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY


Spring/Summer 2008 and Miuccia Prada threw us all a curve ball and brought us fairies. We shouldn’t have been surprised because her thing is to consistently mix it up. I suppose the biggest shock would be if she didn’t do anything different. Well I love, loved this collection which was done in collaboration with James Jean. The crown in the jewel was the Fairy Bag which became one of the seasons most sort after “IT” bags, despite some problems. I LOVED it and would have seriously liked to have gotten one just to display it as the work of art that it was but I haven't won the lotto yet...


What I wanted and should have gotten was the Prada Fairy Flat Pouch which measured 20 cm x 12 cm x 1 cm and retailed for around $400 USD. I came close on a few occasions but thought better of spending that sort of money on something I wouldn’t use much, if at all. Fast forward and to this day I am still regretting not having got it. Two have appeared on eBay recently; the first was put up by seller FASHIONPHILE for $450 USD. Again I thought about it and within a few hours it was sold with a Buy It Now. DAMN IT. Another one has been put up for auction by 88CAVIER (Item number: 120380876158). Unfortunately it is priced at $758.88 USD (roughly $993.17 AUD @ the current exchange rate) plus $43 USD postage. Although it looks in perfect condition I don’t think it is really worth it, but is a good example of investment buying. There is money to be made in buying smart. Oh well I guess my search will have to continue. If anyone has one lying around and wants to give it to me, feel free! I am all about charitable donations.
IN THE FUTURE: LESS THINKING MORE DOING! Am I still taking about the pouch or my THESIS???IN THE FUTURE: LESS THINKING MORE DOING! Am I still taking about the pouch or my THESIS???

IN THE FUTURE: LESS THINKING MORE DOING! (Am I still taking about the pouch or my THESIS???)

images: MODEDIKAT_COM; FASHIONPHILE

No comments: