Monday, May 11, 2009

THANK YOU MR BAILEY…

FOR MY LARGE SATCHEL HOLDALL
BURBERRY PRORSUM SPRING SUMMER 2009





Words can’t describe how great this bag is. Could it be the Perfect ManBag? Only time will tell. It reminds me some what of an antique saddle bag of sorts, I don't know why but it just does. I can image a rider carrying all their riding gear in it making their way to the stables, but then again all there stuff would probably be already at the stables! Now when I say it is big I am not kidding. It is large enough to hold everything plus the kitchen sink. The leather is thick, granulated and super soft, a real joy to behold. Plus it has that amazing smell that high grade leathers have that I absolutely love (they need to turn that into a scent). It has a sense of real durability to it and I can see myself using it for a very long time, knowing that it will only get better and better with age. It should be noted that this bag has some weight to it, I was initially surprised but when you think about it, it is a fully lined, full grain leather bag with solid metal hardware so it should be expected. I have since gotten use to it, but I would definitely be thinking about what I was going to put into it, especially if I were going to have to carry it around for long periods of time. I do love the fact that it is so versatile and can be carried in the hand, on the shoulder or across the body with the included strap. The buckle details are a nice touch and thankfully two of them have magnetic closures which makes getting in and out of the bag so easy. Without it, just opening the bag can be a real chore, so thank you again Mr Bailey. In my opinion it is probably too big to use as an everyday bag, especially for my needs, but ideally it would make the perfect overnight/weekender travel bag so now I just need somewhere to go! Fellow blogger Brieuc75 has the same bag and uses it as an everyday bag, so if you don't mind the size go for it. I would just feel silly just having my wallet and phone in it, which is normally what I take out with me. Or maybe I just need to start carrying more!



Large Satchel Holdall in granulated leather. Metallic buckles in vintage finish engraved with the Burberry logo. Two flat leather handles and one detachable leather and cotton cross body strap. Flap with two belt straps and magnetic button closure, one central belt strap with buckle closure. Flap features metallic plaque engraved with the trademark 'Burberry established 1856' inscription at left trim. Sateen finish lining. One interior zip pocket, three interior patch pockets. Size 52 cm x 32 cm x 20 cm.

Where: Burberry.com
When: April 2009
Price: £905 + 100 shipping/insurance to Australia (roughly $2150 AUD @ current exchange rate)

OK it wasn't cheap but by buying from the UK I saved around $450 AUD. So I am spending to save myself money, well that is what I am telling myself! Plus I really needed it. REALLY. OK who am I kidding I have no idea when I will use it but knowing that it is mine makes me smile so it was all worth it. It even makes baked beans taste so delicious, which will have to be my diet for the next 6 months! Who knows I may need to carry something from the bedroom to the lounge! It was totally worth the wait and the $$$$, so I keep telling myself.

B U R B E R R Y + B A I L E Y = G E N I U S

image: Project Procrastination

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the bag!

Bagaholicboy said...

It's gorgeous!

Niel said...

I soooooo love that bag...I am aching to have the check version...now looking at how gorgeous the leather look like...I am more undecided...but it aint cheap. Waiting for the sale...waiting for the sale....

PROFESSIONAL PROCRASTINATOR said...

Thanks guys - it is a beauty.

Hey Niel I wasin the same position I really want the check as well but in the end thought the leather would be a better investment. For 100 more you get a full leather bag that is also bigger.

Good luck with your hunt and let me know how you get along.

marco said...

Ooh now I want yours too!! Nice one man!!